Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss love these jobs! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

agent invoice:

Attend report main 30he combi not working on heating mode.

It was found the heating controls had lost contact with the boiler. A new battery pack was installed and communication with the boiler has been reset.
The boiler has been tested and is proved to be working on demand providing full heating and hot water.

£50 ta:wink_smile:

My favourite was next doors room stat turning off the boiler, two other fellas couldn't work it out

My favourite was next doors room stat turning off the boiler, two other fellas couldn't work it out
had one of those!
the old woman reported the heating didnt work. she only did lengthy research on tinternet and took advice from sparkies and she demanded the stat was tested with multimeter as that was at fault, checked the wiring center, the 3 ports..everything=no fault.!!
looked at boiler and it was set to 23deg heating, turned it up to 50-60.
there for ages but charged £40 and left.
15 minutes later she called me and said all you done is turn boiler up and claimed i was a conman!!!

had one of those!
the old woman reported the heating didnt work. she only did lengthy research on tinternet and took advice from sparkies and she demanded the stat was tested with multimeter as that was at fault, checked the wiring center, the 3 ports..everything=no fault.!!
looked at boiler and it was set to 23deg heating, turned it up to 50-60.

Always a con man when its a simple job

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had three callouts this week to switch a commercial boiler on £150 each time lol

Had a good one this morning. Guy couldn'tget the gas safety panel to reset after a fire alarm test.

Looked at it and couldn't ignore the low incoming pressure error message. Reset the meter slamshut, reset the gsp, reset the powrmatic and the Worcester Bosch.

10 minutes job done.

agent invoice:

Attend report main 30he combi not working on heating mode.

It was found the heating controls had lost contact with the boiler. A new battery pack was installed and communication with the boiler has been reset.
The boiler has been tested and is proved to be working on demand providing full heating and hot water.

£50 ta:wink_smile:
Had this with one of my old customers , while I was away over Xmas, they rang another company who put new batteries in the stat and charged £130 - 12 mins on site- made me realise why I'm skint !

Had this with one of my old customers , while I was away over Xmas, they rang another company who put new batteries in the stat and charged £130 - 12 mins on site- made me realise why I'm skint !

You can charge this if you want, but you won't get any repeat business. This is why firms like that advertise so heavily.

You can charge this if you want, but you won't get any repeat business. This is why firms like that advertise so heavily.

Yep know that but come on £130- this is Yorkshire - you can nearly get fully central heating installed for that !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to love these jobs! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just been to a nightmare of a job! Had to carry out a service on the 2009 British Gas 330 + (GC: 41-019-11) It's a Glow Worm boiler. The boiler...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock