Discuss Lots of questions about potential 'Bodge job' installations and rectifying them! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, fair enough. Sounds like you trusted him because of knowing both him and his father well. That approach is often better than getting a stranger in, but personally I hate that builder types should poke their nose in at plumbing jobs, especially fairly major heating work, without much experience. Would have been decent of him to simply recommend a very good installer and perhaps just do the labouring and any joinery, plastering jobs that might occur when installing heating to help.

Yeah it just comes down to trust really and as for sticking to his main trade i agree, i think he enjoyed the weekend work and pay a little too much to turn down extra work. My biggest queries were around having the 2 radiators free standing as my mother hates that the pipes go through the floor tiles. And as for the poofix comment it wouldn't surprise me, i know the bathroom and kitchen radiator were chosen specifically but the only brief for the others were that they be the same style and be a fitting size to the specific location/

Yeah it just comes down to trust really and as for sticking to his main trade i agree, i think he enjoyed the weekend work and pay a little too much to turn down extra work. My biggest queries were around having the 2 radiators free standing as my mother hates that the pipes go through the floor tiles. And as for the poofix comment it wouldn't surprise me, i know the bathroom and kitchen radiator were chosen specifically but the only brief for the others were that they be the same style and be a fitting size to the specific location/

Poofix do Kudox rads and other brands. Lightweight and cheapish made IMO, but should still do the job if correctly sized. Would be acceptable if you were paying a very low price for materials and labour, but not if you paid what should have done a decent install

General consensus - if it looks carp to a lay person, then it is a carp installation.

If the pipework was fixed and the existing radiator sizes were imperial, then there would only be a 20mm spacer on each side of the radiator to make up the difference.
Any more than that - woeful installation!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lots of questions about potential 'Bodge job' installations and rectifying them! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My first visit here in quite a while and it's in part to share the news that I have finally gone over to the dark side! Although my 30...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock