Discuss Lost skills? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheWeekendGuys

Does anybody still bend s/w pipe these days?

I was quite impressed when I saw this on a job, Ive not been shown how to do it but it could come in handy now and then.
Most plumbing colleges have stopped teaching lead work for some years now, what other skills are we losing?

Attachments

• DSC_0891.jpg
    DSC_0891.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 224
led welding
led flashings
flue/drain pipe flashing
anything to do with lead
how to use a bender
how to solder
how to clip pipes

:D

You can't beat the old high level cistern. One flush and it's gone!

We're losing the skill of cutting out balanced flue holes with a hammer and chisel. Not sure if that's a bad thing.

Does anybody still bend s/w pipe these days?

I was quite impressed when I saw this on a job, Ive not been shown how to do it but it could come in handy now and then.
Most plumbing colleges have stopped teaching lead work for some years now, what other skills are we losing?

Thats sold in kit form - its called a 3 piece sidewall flushpipe. Still available now.

You buy them like that now pre formed 3 piece flush pipe ...used to be done in lead for high level cisterns had one in the house I grew up in with a cast iron well bottom cistern....was a while ago ..lol regards Turnpin:D

You can't beat the old high level cistern. One flush and it's gone!

We're losing the skill of cutting out balanced flue holes with a hammer and chisel. Not sure if that's a bad thing.

They aint a bad price either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lost skills? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
We have recently had a Viessmann Vitodens 200-W boiler fitted, and let me start out by saying that it is a superb piece of engineering... apart...
Replies
Views
Hi, Newly qualified plumber CnG level 2 here. Based in Devon. Ive been handy manning since last June and am now building up my plumbing skills in...
Replies
Views
Hi All, just joined to ask this question as although it’s nothing major it’s doing my head in a bit! We have moved into a house with a loft...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would love to get some expert thoughts on my pressure loss problem. I have just replaced my boiler and radiators to fix a raft of problems...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock