Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann Vitodens 200-W - no warranty?? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

We have recently had a Viessmann Vitodens 200-W boiler fitted, and let me start out by saying that it is a superb piece of engineering... apart from bleeding a few radiators and tweaking the settings, no issues whatsoever. Except...!

I received an e-mail from Viessmann, asking me if we wanted to pay for a 10-year warranty or stick with the 5-year warranty. We were minded to accept the latter, and had to tick "I have read the terms and conditions" before proceeding. Unlike most people, I did read them. And was horrified to read the very first condition:

What won‘t be covered:

(a) Any Vitodens boiler other than Vitodens 100-W Combi, System and Open Vent, Vitodens 111-W and Vitodens 050-W models (excludes Vitodens 100-W BPJA ranges).

So, legally, the Viessmann warranty doesn't cover the Vitodens 200-W! Obviously, this must be a mistake, so I immediately e-mailed Viessmann at the UK Support e-mail address... and waited... and waited. Then I sent a follow-up to the same address, and copied it to Wolfman Rogatty, shown on the web site as "Lead Trade Media" at Viessmann, chasing up a response, and offering to include their response here. Still no answer, nor even any acknowledgement. What now? The Viessmann-trained GasSafe engineer who installed the system is embarrassed, perplexed, and horrified all at the same time, and offered to contact them, but at the end of the day he is an independent business and although legally liable for the boiler under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the warranty isn't his responsibility, hence my (completely unsuccessful) approach to Viessmann.

Does anyone here have any links with Viessmann through which details of the warranty can be confirmed?

PS - The installer correctly registered the 200-W with Viessmann, the original e-mails from Viessman, including the warranty offer, specify the correct system boiler and serial number.

As pointed out by Snowhead, the Viessmann website is at odds with the T's & C's you read.
I wonder if the online registration process automatically inserts a description of your model range at the start of the conditions one is about to sign up to, but something went wrong/is wrong with the process. Is it worth trying again?? See: Boiler Warranties - https://www.viessmann.co.uk/residential/viessmann-warranty

and does "and the boiler is registered on the Viessmann Installer Portal" mean that your installer had to initially register your boiler? He did register the right model??

Last edited:
So, you ticked "I have read the terms and conditions" but they were different from ours? No exclusions?

Registered it earlier this year before lockdown so I cant remember what I ticked etc . However Viessmann have had problems regarding add-on warranty's since April , I am not sure if they have changed anything it does seem to have come since lockdown, maybe a coincidence !!

It'll be covered for the first 12months, they can't escape that.
Warranties are contracts in law... agreeing to the exclusion shown above means no warranty whatsoever for Vitodens 200 or 200-W system boilers, hence my post. But no contract can "sign away" consumer rights, hence my reference to the Consumer Rights Act 2015 ("CRA2015"). There is no provision to enforce a warranty ("guarantee" under CRA2015) except under Section 30, and otherwise all of the legal risk is carried by the installer, hence why I posted here.

As things stand, all of the Viessmann installers reading this post ought to be aware that, unless Section 30 of the Act is invoked and found by a Court to apply in any particular case involving a boiler excluded by these terms and conditions, they - not Viessmann - would be the subject of any CRA2015 claim. Unless, of course, someone from Viessmann Limited (the UK registered company in Telford that's wholly-owned by Viessmann Holding International Gmbh) wants to throw their hands up and admit that the exclusion in the warranty terms and conditions is a mistake!

But in the absence of any response from them... :(
[automerge]1602611673[/automerge]
... and does "and the boiler is registered on the Viessmann Installer Portal" mean that your installer had to initially register your boiler? He did register the right model??

Yes. Definitely correct, as the invitation to register the warranty lists both the correct model and the correct serial number.

In my experience, the cases always boil down to the question "What did the company who took your money lead you to believe you were buying?". Not much else is relevant when push comes to shove.

Reply to Viessmann Vitodens 200-W - no warranty?? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock