Search the forum,

Discuss Roca Polo toilet problem/question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All, just joined to ask this question as although it’s nothing major it’s doing my head in a bit! We have moved into a house with a loft conversion with an en-suite and the toilet is a Roca Polo single flush top push button close coupled affair. It works fine but I noticed a tiny water trail at the back of the pan (inside it I mean from where the water is supposed to come from under the rim) so thought I’d change the sealing washer on the flush unit.

I got the original Roca washer, correct one for the single flush, watched a video and saw how to take the top part of the flush unit off by unclicking it all and change the washer, easy. So 10 mins after you flush it there is a drip of water appears from under the rim down the back of the inside of the pan, there is even a small vertical groove cast into the pan for it to run down it seems, and then into the water.

If you comeback 12 hours later that’s one drip/run a minute and 24 hours later once every 100 seconds, but then it never seems to go away, once every 2 mins for ever it seems, or at least the last 2 days. I shut the water off to the cistern and noted the water level, right on the 6 litre line, came back 12 hrs later and it had not moved down one *** papers width. I suppose if I wait a week it might stop but my question is where is the water coming from?

It’s doing my head in a bit as I know most loos run a tiny bit from under the rim for 10/15 mins after you flush then stop but this seems mad. It’s not a lot of water I know, it’s just not knowing is doing my head in.

It’s not draining the cistern at all (done the water turning off twice now overnight for 12 hours each time and the level never moved a fraction either time) so do these Roca loos have some sort of hidden under the rim cut outs, reservoir or gulley in them that holds the water unseen under the rim or cistern/pan join from the flush water which ever so slowly drips out?

My simple thinking is if the water level is not going down it’s not leaking past the flush washer or main washer that seals the unit to the cistern, so why does it drip so long? It is not lost on me that this is a pretty minor issue and it seems stupid to ask, but please can someone put me out of my misery!!!
Thanks, Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mains fed, 15mm pipe up through the floor into a 15mm flexihose with an isolator up to the bottom corner of the cistern. It’s on the third floor of a house, the old loft, so pressures not huge but enough.

Might be leaking through the flush valve bottom seal. You could isolate the cistern, and add some food colouring to the cistern.
Thanks for the reply, but then wouldn’t the water level in the cistern go down? I’ve isolated this twice before, two nights in a row, left it isolated for 12 hours and the water level in the cistern remains exactly where it started, doesn’t go down even half a mm?

Thanks for the reply, but then wouldn’t the water level in the cistern go down? I’ve isolated this twice before, two nights in a row, left it isolated for 12 hours and the water level in the cistern remains exactly where it started, doesn’t go down even half a mm?

Yes level should go down. Any debris in cistern or on the seal?

B
Yes level should go down. Any debris in cistern or on the seal?
Hi, no nothing. When I changed the flush unit sealing washer I checked the plastic lip it seals against and it’s in perfect condition and no crap on it or at the bottom of the cistern. If there was a bit of crap stopping it sealing properly or a washer letting water by I’d get that, but what I don’t get is the water level never goes down in the cistern but it still very slowly drips. Everything like leaky washers and bits of debris stopping it sealing would make the cistern level drop which it doesn’t, not even a mm, which is totally why it is doing my head in!! I can only think there is a little puddle of water unseen somewhere in the pan that fills up every time it is flushed and that is what is draining slowly or else how do you explain it? Really doing my head in!!

Reply to Roca Polo toilet problem/question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock