Discuss Looking for a small (400x300) dual fuel radiator or towel rail for drying cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gazzarose

Hi guys, first post here so hi all.

Im most of the way through completely refurbishing my kitchen and utility room, and am not at the point of having to start plumbing it. Part of the utility room has been partioned off to make a toilet and a walk in cupboard. I was planning on using the cupboard as a drying room for wet coats and wetsuits. Im just having problems finding the right radiator. My idea was to have a small 400x300 radiator or towel rail running of the CH in the winter with a thermostat for drying wet coats, and then using a timed electric heating element in the summer months to dry wetsuits rather that have to fire up the boiler for just a few hours and end up heating the whole house. I can find loads of large towel rails that do dual fuel, but they're way to big. I've worked out I only need about 350btu (about 100w). I've found a few small radiators 400x300 that are only 200w, but I can't see a way of putting an electric heating element in them. How do people with combi boilers set up they're airing cupboards?

Thanks in advance

Gareth

Re: Looking for a small (400x300) dual fuel radiator or towel rail for drying cupboar

try trade radiators on the web they do twin rads ch/electric size i think is 800x 400 price ie, 80£

hope thats some help chris

Re: Looking for a small (400x300) dual fuel radiator or towel rail for drying cupboar

Thanks for the reply.

800x400 is too big. The cupboard is only 0.8mx1mx2.6m so really anything more than a tea candle and it'll be scorching in there.

Because I can't find exactly what I want, maybe I could make one. I was thinking of using a brass 1/2" equal tee to take the rad valve,electric element and a 15mm/1/2"bsp adapter, then using some pipe and some 180 preformed bends to make a few squiggles then back down to another copper to iron to connect to the return. Any reason this wouldn't work? I'd have the element at the bottom so it could warm the whole 'radiator' when on electric and the water would flow just like a normal radiator. I'd probably have to hae the lock shield adjusted down to reduce the flow a bit so neighbouring radiators wouldn't be bypassed. Its only in a cupboard so looks arn't priority, so I could just paint it white and clip it to the wall with talon clips.

Gareth

Just buy a small cheap towel rail, and fit a dual element. Job done.

A bit like this, excuse the drawing.

rad.JPG

Thats the problem, I can't find any small ones, the smallest ones seem to be at least 400x 600 or so, just seems like a waste in such a small room, and don't want it getting too hot in there, can most towel rails be fitted with an element?

Thanks

Gareth

as you say , poss make one , 15mm uprisers 10mm cross, spray with hight temp black paint, made to measure desigener rad :D chris

tamz if you look at post above you will see room is only 1mtr long x 2.5feet wide, hence looking for a postage stamp one, lol

the towel radiator above is only 400mm wide which is 16 inches so should be small enough for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a small (400x300) dual fuel radiator or towel rail for drying cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock