• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Leaky Potterton diverter in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I've just noticed my diverter valve is leaking where the front part meets the rear part. The heating hasn't been on, only been using boiler for hot water lately

The leak can be anything from a few drips to a few ml of water. Doesn't seem to leak all the time though.

I replaced the diverter valve diaphragm last year. Can the front be removed and a seal replaced or something? Any advice appreciated...

Please see image just to show where the water is leaking from. Boiler is a Potterton Performa 30HE and appears to be operating OK apart from the leak.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

WC1

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
It's not a job many diy would tackle and some would say you should be gas safe to do it.
Fairly simple for a gsr.
It's a lot more complex than doing the front of the diverter

Reply to Leaky Potterton diverter in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar threads

B
The boiler is a baxi combi The pipe underneath on the left side of the plate exhanger where the DHW hot water comes out has green corrosion and signs water has dripped on the floor below it. The plate exchanger was replaced a few months back so is nearly new. The pipe was not green before the...
Replies
Views
oz-plumber
O
B
Hi I have a Potterton Performa 30HE in a one bedroom apartment. For a few months I have noticed that it takes several minutes before the taps to run hot. But last week they stopped running hot altogether. I have found that if I switch the electrical power to the boiler off and on again normal...
Replies
Views
C
L
Hi, we have a rectangle three walled tiled shower with acrylic base that is leaking in both corners - was only built approx two years ago so really not wanting to replace. So far have had the original plumber and tiler look at it but couldn’t find the source of the leak. Silicone where the tray...
Replies
Views
Lauramays87
L
D
So I've had a leak in this boiler for approximately 6 months. I hired an engineer to resolve and he suggested replacing a large black valve (I forget the name). After having the valve replaced, the leak appeared again around a week later. I tried to monitor so I could identify where the water...
Replies
Views
Digimon
D
C
Hi, Can anyone tell me the name of this valve on my combi boiler??, it's leaking but I can't seem to find a replacement It's leaking from the copper bit where the screw is in the front. Thanks
Replies
Views
ShaunCorbs
ShaunCorbs

Newest Threads (Please Reply)

Search Forum