Search the forum,

Discuss Leaky Potterton diverter in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I've just noticed my diverter valve is leaking where the front part meets the rear part. The heating hasn't been on, only been using boiler for hot water lately

The leak can be anything from a few drips to a few ml of water. Doesn't seem to leak all the time though.

I replaced the diverter valve diaphragm last year. Can the front be removed and a seal replaced or something? Any advice appreciated...

Please see image just to show where the water is leaking from. Boiler is a Potterton Performa 30HE and appears to be operating OK apart from the leak.

Attachments

• 20210617_224024.jpg
    20210617_224024.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 6

Reply to Leaky Potterton diverter in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get warmer than others despite closing off the skirting radiator heat vent. They are designed to house the finned heating pipe and a return pipe, the latter...
Replies
Views
Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the water would also constantly drip \ stream water from the overhead rain head. When selecting the rain head the pressure was very reduced and the water...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An engineer with very good reviews came round and says it will cost 700+VAT for 'replacement expansion vessel, pressure relief valve and diverter valve on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip coming from the black nylon plastic drain plug at the back of the boiler which is accessible from the underneath. It does not appear to be from the thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock