Discuss Leaking stop valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A plumber would be a better person to fix it and fit the correct fittings than a builder imo

Is it normal to use HDPE up there!! it all MDPE round here, has the builder used the right stopcock!! don't know if there is much differance between HDPE and MDPE but it might!! needs an insert!

Whos betting on the builder using no insert and squeezing the guts outta the olive?

And when you finally do the olives squeezed a 22mm pipe down to 15.

It definately does need an insert. Also when you take it off check the seat inside where the olive sits/seals against. As these stopcocks are mass-produced I have occasionally had some with badly machined seats, i.e slag inclusions or whatever in the metal and so there is a mark across where the olive is supposed to seal. Obviously it will not, you have to replace the whole stopcock. If there is no insert in the poly pipe, you will need to cut off the olive and put the insert in first then use a new olive. You may have a problem in getting a new olive. I think BES does them 32mm, but 32mm is not that common 25mm is more normal size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking stop valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I cannot isolate my toilet water supply for a quick-fix, as the valve/tap is buried beneath tiling by whoever built the place. All other taps in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock