Discuss leak through handle of push fit service valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nobbyone

Hi,

Can anybody tell me if this service valve on can be replaced or repaired as it leaks from the spine of the handle when closed. I looked on-line to try to match it with an existing make but with no luck. Looks like a compression to tap connector type.

P_20151121_105755.jpg

Does anybody know if it can be repaired/tightened/replaced with a modern system?

Thanks for your help.

Yes sorry pal, had to rush out, yep put a normal sv on it with a new connector and washer to the valve.
Those plasic valves are ok untill you move them, but saying that the brass ones can somtimes leak.

just had another look at the pic, its a bit unclear but what is your valve connected to upstream

Last edited:
Yes sorry pal, had to rush out, yep put a normal sv on it with a new connector and washer to the valve.
Those plasic valves are ok untill you move them, but saying that the brass ones can somtimes leak.

just had another look at the pic, its a bit unclear but what is your valve connected to upstream

if you mean down stream then its mlc pipe (new build crimp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leak through handle of push fit service valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In the photo there is a grey 32mm push fit elbow between the sink trap and down pipe. I want to replace the elbow with a "male" push fit tee...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Good morning I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property with 3 showers and a 2 toilets with a mega flow...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock