Search the forum,

Discuss leak from under shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

erg

Got a leak from under the shower tray, looks like the trap. However, how on earth do i get to under the shower tray (photo below)

Many thanks! :) 20130820_221033.jpg

Hello erg,:welcome:to the forum.
you will need to remove the skirting board to get access to underneath.
from the picture it looks like the piece below the shower is profiled around the skirting to the sides,
so it should come out with some gentle persuasion.
Remove the gripper rod first for better access, plus its not comfortable to rest your hand on

i agree look at both sides of the tray it looks like there are leaks there

I would seal the shower first before starting to try and take skirting etc off. I've found that 99 times out of 100 it's the shower leaking somewhere and not the trap. Try standing in shower and spraying all around door and see if there's any damp showing. If you want to check trap spray into waste and nowhere else.

more likely than not the person who fitted the shower screen did not silicone behind that vertical channel the tray and tiles, they fitted the screen first then silicone after.

Big mistake, this is what it will look like when you take screen and channel off
IMG_1769.jpg

this is actually a bath but the shower will be the same concept

Hope this helps

russ

more likely than not the person who fitted the shower screen did not silicone behind that vertical channel the tray and tiles, they fitted the screen first then silicone after.

Big mistake, this is what it will look like when you take screen and channel off
View attachment 14598

this is actually a bath but the shower will be the same concept

Hope this helps

russ

Thanks for your help everyone, removed the skirting and found it was actually the washer/seal on the shower trap. (see offending article below!)

20130822_213934(0).jpg

I had a right nightmare with getting to it though, the space was tiny and bought the wrong size trap to start with! lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leak from under shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock