Search the forum,

Discuss Leak from combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maxi

Hi all,

I have a Baxi Combi 105e boiler that is leaking heating system water from the diverter valve. This first started some months ago so I had my usual plumber over and he changed the diaphragm. However since then, it has continued to leak from the back underside of the valve, where there is what looks like a release hole. The leak is now a continuous drip and I am constantly having to top the pressure back up.

For reasons unknown to me, my usual gas engineer kept failing to turn up to have another look, so today I got a new guy to come check it out.

My concern is that he is trying to make a bigger job of it than is neccessary... he says the boiler needs a service (which I agree with as it hasn't had one in the 4 years that I've been at this property). But he also said that the flue is not installed correctly as it should slant upwards slightly towards the outside wall (flue runs sideways to the right of boiler to exit external wall). He says he spotted it straight away and is surprised it hasn't been spotted before. My understanding is that the exhaust flue runs inside the outer flue and that should be slanted upwards slightly but he can't tell that it isn't just be looking at the external part, which looks horizontal to me. He says he wants to come back tomorrow to carry out a CO test, etc, before he starts throwing expensive parts at it, in case it isn't worth it, in which case we would need a new boiler if it fails the test.

My feeling is that it just needs a service, and the leaking diverter valve fixed or replaced. Am I correct? And is the leak in the valve an easy fix? Would it not just be the diaphragm sitting incorrectly , or something similar?

Attachments

• 20160105_194155.jpg
    20160105_194155.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 33
This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak from combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock