Search the forum,

Discuss Lead to Plastic bath waste in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm trying to fit a new bath in my old house. The waste outlet is a 1 3/4" Lead pipe. Is there a simple way for me a as DIYer to connect lead pipe to the standard 1 1/2" plastic waste trap from the bath ?

Attachments

• 20200921_090926.jpg
    20200921_090926.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 9
Yes a standard mcalpine will do it.
But look at the run and consider replacing it If it is squashed unduly or has sagging sections. If it’s in good nick you are good to go.

Reply to Lead to Plastic bath waste in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Hi, a couple simple questions. 1. I have two pipes like seen on a attached photo in my back yard. One is for the waste from kitchen, the other one is for the waste from toilet/bathroom. Obviously rodents can easily get into them pipes.. is the any ways to prevent that? 2. And a second question...
Replies
Views
Total refit of of bathroom. I've got a 40mm waste from the shower running beneath the floorboards to an external wall and out. Just above where the pipe exits is where the obvious place for the bath waste to exit as well. Should I use separate waste pipes for the bath and the shower or can the...
Replies
Views
J
When connecting a plastic metric waste pipe from a bath to a metal imperial pipe in the wall is it standard practice to use denso tape on the outside of the join? Does it stop potential leaking or movement?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock