Discuss Large 15mm brass olives in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Anywhere no where they may sell 15mm brass olives that are really meaty kind of like dome shaped? I want them for doing refurb work when taking old showers off to aquapanel the walls. The olives that were on originally are a lot bigger than the ones mainly available now. Thanks.

Matt, invest in an olive puller - they are excellent (monument) and it makes you feel like a proper plumber when using it!
The only thing more plumbery is my old sliding swage tool, but that doesn’t see the light of day anymore.

Matt, invest in an olive puller - they are excellent (monument) and it makes you feel like a proper plumber when using it!
The only thing more plumbery is my old sliding swage tool, but that doesn’t see the light of day anymore.
Thanks yes I have an olive puller. I won't be able to get the olives back on though.

You might if you try really hard.

Put the olive in a fitting ( straight is best) then you can hammer it onto a spare bit if pipe without damaging it.

Now undo the nut and remove the fitting.

Now take a hammer and gently tap on the centre of the olive whilst rotating the pipe. This “relaxes “ the olive effectively doing the opposite of what happens when you do a fitting up. Lots of small taps is best and you get in a rhythm.

By the way, I am not joking - this really works.

I find the ones that come with Honeywell TRV's are larger than normal . You could buy a valve keep it for van stock and use the olives and substitute with normal olives when using the TRV.

Reply to Large 15mm brass olives in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
The inside brass threads in my Moen rough in two handle Roman tub valve (Moen | Bathroom & Kitchen Faucets, Shower Heads, Accessories & More -...
Replies
Views
T
I have recently moved house and would like to move a radiator from a side wall, to one below the window as is more pleasing to the eye. I...
Replies
Views
I'm changing a radiator and the problem I have is the flow and return pipes that fit into the valves need to be positioned away from the wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, First post here, I have usually been able to answer my questions through searching this forum but now I'm stuck! I have replaced the tiles in...
Replies
Views
D
I wonder if anyone can help, I've tried several plumbers merchants to no avail. I have removed an old stopcock, (which seized long ago, with a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock