Search the forum,

Discuss kitchen waste trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanttolearn

Gas Engineer
20150705_130453.jpg
Hi I have attached a pic above as a friend of mine her waste is leaking. As I am only learning the trade I was thinking if I put a 1 and half bowl waste p shape trap in this should solve the problem. I know I may have to re drill out for the waste outlet as it's fairly high up in the cupboard.

As you looking at the pic the strainer on the left looks like it 32mm waste pipe I will have to increase it to 40mm and the one on the right is the problem one it is leaking from just below the plastic nut but is full of silicone so didn't really want to undo it as there is nothing open till tomorrow nearby me.

So would that be an appropriate way of doing it thanks

Both outlets should be 40 mm but your logic is sound

Undo the nut and check/replace the flat washer
Also check the bottom of the thread of the waste fitting itself, could be cracked or damaged and the trap set up could be OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to kitchen waste trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
just put a new pop up waste into my basin to find the trap does not fit correctly.. the trap fits just inside the waste thread opening and butts up against the plastic shoulder ensuring the rubber seal is pressed against the end Face of the waste. im able to screw the nut up but even when its...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have just installed a pop up waste on new basin. I have siliconed the top with the washer, and the water holds inside the basin with the waste closed but when I pop it up to release the water down the drain it leaks out from the underside of the sink where the backnut nut washer are...
Replies
Views
D
small hole in plastic waste pipe which is the better fix ? Hi there need some advice please, i have drilled a small hole in the plastic waste pipe which serves the sink & shower in the loft when doing some work in the toilet underneath on the ceiling i have cut away the plasterboard to reveal...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock