Search the forum,

Discuss karcher drain cleaner/ small inspection covers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucas121

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So to supplement my poor apprentice wage, my boss has offered to pass on block toilet and drain jobs to me as he often turns down that type of work.

So far iv been getting by with the good old trusted drain rods, however, every now and then i go to a job to only find really small inspection covers that i cant fit rods down. I look for the larger man hole but no sight! This is when i have tell the customer they have to get the more specialized guys in who will use a drain snake or jetter.

Iv noticed a few of you guys have talked about the drain cleaner attachment for your karcher and am tempted to get one so i dont have to turn away jobs that wont accommodate a set of rods. Are they anygood? Do they work? Im assuming that the proper jetters that dyno rod have are a lot more powerful, so dont want to waste my money on something that wont work.

Also, if i do purchase one, and am i right in saying that to keep it within regs i would have to somehow create a set up where it is fed of a tank with an air gap?

Thanks Steve

Never seen those before, they look like they will do the job and much more jobs like toilets!

Do you know if you can get a plunger attachment for them, or are they not suitable for a plunger?

Got one of the cheap jetters out of Lidl and have used it a few times. It more than pays for itself in one job if you already have a power washer

Got one of the cheap jetters out of Lidl and have used it a few times. It more than pays for itself in one job if you already have a power washer

Lidl have them on sale now plus the drain cleaning hose!

There's an adaptor you can get in lidl for a few quid so it can be used on a karcher. The lidl jetter will only go on their own brand parkside washer

There's an adaptor you can get in lidl for a few quid so it can be used on a karcher. The lidl jetter will only go on their own brand parkside washer

Great, can you send over a link as I can't find it.
Cheers

Oh right, you may have to go instore. Think I'm going to go in to find this myself, so I'll report back!

So I went to the Sevenoaks branch. Found they had the powerwasher but not the pipe cleaner attachment.

(This was after calling their customer services to check the stock in the store to save a wasted journey - they aren't able to do stock checks over the phone).

So then I drove to the Tonbridge branch where they did have the attachment. So I now own both the pressure washer and the pipe cleaner.

The didn't sell any adaptors...so unless their stuff fits your machine, you will need the eBay ones.

I haven't bothered opening the jetwasher as I don't need it right now but at that price I thought I'd have it in the lockup on standby. 150bar one from Karsher is about £200.

Comes with three year warranty.

just been to my branch in Manchester no adaptor, has anyone found one in there local lidl, if so how much ? thanks

We have karcher jobbie, works ok, cut a 3' length of , flexible 20mm conduit, sleeve hose through it, then it dosnt snag or rip on pipe edged in MHz. , tie some rope to the sleeve and stand on it as you feed in hoze.

They are in lidl at the moment but I'm living in Ireland. It's just called an adaptor as they also have the power washer and couple of attachments on sale but can't see it on the website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to karcher drain cleaner/ small inspection covers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock