Search the forum,

Discuss Jobs That Bite you in the Behind!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been on holiday (locally) for 10 days. Caravan in Chichester (Selsy I think) that is owned by one of my customers. Anyway, about a month before I travelled, customer said her toilet is leaking from either soil pipe or 15mm copper pipe. I attended and told her there's a 90% chance it's leaking from the screws outlet in pan then exiting at the lowest point. There was no means of isolation so I pushed job forward. Then I got a message from her: 'I need this sorted today or I'll get someone else as the leak is now too serious'. I encouraged her to get someone else, letting her know I will be going on holiday. She then asked if I could recommend someone? I said NO.
Then she rang me to say she has decided to wait till I return as I'm the only one she wants to do the job?
Got there and couldn't freeze pipe as both valves were faulty with water constantly running. Had to fit an isolation valve live with water gushing everywhere! Then noticed my flush valve button was the wrong one? Does anyone know what flush valve this is? I've seen square ones, not oblong ones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 103
google pictures of flush valve oval push buttons, the world will be your oyster

You actually fitted the whole valve before realising the push button on the old model was enormous lol?? Seems a bummer as you'll probe have to change the whole valve again :/

I did one of these last month. Googled the Impulse but the customer was happy to fit a normal fluidmaster in the end. Don't think some of those impulse ones are cheap

I've seen four of these. I fitted two with correct syphon with the oval buttons. Got them from toiletspares.co.uk I think but the cost is ridiculous and they'll end up out of stock everywhere eventually so I now suggest a fluidmaster with a button that doesn't fit or a new WC. So far two people have gone for a button that doesn't fit perched on top. Tight-wads.

It's not totally out of the question to replace the whole wc. They are very cheap nowadays

You actually fitted the whole valve before realising the push button on the old model was enormous lol?? Seems a bummer as you'll probe have to change the whole valve again :/

Not really gassafe. I carry stocks of Fluidmaster and Opella (or summat like that in my van), so my aim was to leave them with a 'usable' toilet. My going there was to replace leaking cistern/pan screws. I had to fit an isolation valve. But while I was away, customer had fiddled with valve attempting to stop leak but damaging valve in the process. So I did what I could with what I had.
And Ch4 Plumbing is spot on, it's the Impulse valve. They have been given the option of having a new toilet fitted. Waiting for them to make up their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jobs That Bite you in the Behind!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
I have a Vaillant eco plus 837, year installed 2008. It works well. We have one large zone for the house with 13 rads running off it. We also have an UFH zone in the kitchen. Near the boiler I have 2 port valves which control this part of the system. The boiler has been loosing pressure...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock