Discuss is there such thing a different toilet sizes?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

hi guys,

Ive done a couple of jobs latel and had problems fitting toilets the customer had already bought before they give me the job.

one job i did had the soil pipe at the back of th coming in from the left, it was then elbowed towards the toilet and then a pan connector was pushed onto this. This pipework was all boxed in and the original toilet fited in well. The toilet the customer bought had a smaller 'neck' which ment that when the toilet was pushed back as far as it would go, the cistern did not make contact with the wall, this ment it could not be fixed to the wall as it was 2.5 inches too far away

today went to a job, soil coming straight up through bathroom floor. customer had BTW toilet but had bought a bog standard toilet (old style). the middle of soil pipe was approx 6.5 inches from wall. This ment again that if the toilet was pushed back so cistern could be screwed to wall, the base of toilet overlapped the soil pipe so no chance of fitting that toilet there either.

now i need to find a toilet that will replace the orignal toilet for this job but i just dont know what to ask for in order to make sure that the cistern will fit flat to wall and waste on toilet will be far enough away from soil waste for me to get a pan connector on it

i hope you guys get what i mean but when buying toilet, there are no dimensions, so what do i do?? i totally stumped by this one

Low level cistern and pan, connected with a flush pipe. You can get a longer flush pipe if needed. B25010_wpdp.jpg

As above, but you can get swan neck flush pipes as an option if space is really tight. I prefer these in boxed in cisterns.

Is it a close fit toilet?

large-emma-comfort-height-wc.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, close coupled. You can't use this kind of toilet as its designed for pipes which come through the back walll. You need a low level one as ecowarm stated.

Last edited:
Mainly what I would do is if the distance was only 2.5" as you mentioned, I would use 2 cuttings of chrome pipe to act as a spacer between the back of the cistern and the wall. Use a longer screw and screw it up until the spacers are tight to both the cistern ad the wall.

Saves having to alter any 4" soil pipe. Other instances I would do is use a "Goose-neck" multi-wick! Something like this

$(KGrHqV,!lcE3H)66KcgBOIiSW2hs!~~0_35.JPG

Lets the toilet go back a little further to enable the cistern to go onto the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to is there such thing a different toilet sizes?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock