Discuss Is my logic reasonable here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening gents

I have been unfortunate enough to pick up a job from where a builder has scarpered when he couldn't get any of the plumbing to work. I thought I had it all licked but today the customer has come back to me telling me that the new thermostatic mixer bar is only coming out lukewarm

This customer is really strange they insist on having their Combi boiler set to about 35° On DHW Their reasoning behind this is that when they run a bath or a basin they only need to open up the hot side and not use the cold I have told them it won't make a blind bit of difference to their water consumption but they won't have it. Anyway that is by the by, they only have the one thermostatic mixer outlet and that is this new shower would my suggestion be correct that if the water is only coming through at 35° That an amount of cold water will still mix within the bar making the overall temperature much lower? Or would we suggest it was just a dodgy thermostatic cartridge

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Matt

Could you not turn up the temperature on the boiler and see if that cures the problem?

That is correct even on fully hot they still let minimal cold through, this also stops shower pumps having closed head pressure problems

Could you not turn up the temperature on the boiler and see if that cures the problem?

Told them to try it but they've not come back yet. Just wanted some ideas if it didn't help

tell them they need to set it higher to avoid risk of legionaires bacteria forming, some truth in it as well

Tell them to wake up & listen to you

Are they tree huggers or new age long hair spliff smoking rebels?

Turn it up

They are Swedish so I know they are into their green over there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is my logic reasonable here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of refurbishing my bathroom. I'll be replacing the existing bath with a walk in shower. Will be installing a thermostatic...
Replies
Views
I have just replaced the old bathroom basin mono mixer taps, 2 tap heads, standard compression valve type, to a modern mono mixer single lever...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per the thread title, I have an Ideal Logic Combi 30 and I am having a problem with the pump, which keeps activating without any DHW/DCH...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have an issue with my Ideal Logic+ System S24 boiler which I hope someone can help with. Below is as much detail as I can think of. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock