Discuss Installing Outside Tap - Timber Frame House in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been asked to install a tap on the outside of a timber frame house. Obviously, I'll need to drill a hole in the wall but could this cause any future problems due to the waterproof membrane within the wall ?

Thank you

It shouldn't if you fill the hole around the pipe with silicon but cover your back and tell your customer your concern, in fact, put it in writing with the quote or invoice.

Thank you for the post Paulus. I'll silicone round the back of the wall plate elbow and tell the customer what I've done and why.

here we go outside tap the epitome of plumbing engineering

how many answers and arguements over this then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing Outside Tap - Timber Frame House in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question...
Replies
Views
Hi, would anyone like to hazard a guess at what's causing this problem on the ground floor of our house? As you can see, the bottom of both sides...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock