Discuss Indirect Unvented cylinder, Combi Boiler and Nest Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So thats no temperature control or safety shut off on an invented cylinder!!!! What could possibly go wrong?

And how does that make it a nono to install with a combi boiler

Ffs

How is any of that ar

guess they tell you what brand / type of rads to install as well

All boilers are designed to be installed as per MIs, if it's not installed to MIs and it's ncs are no longer applicable then it's AR.

SERIOUSLY..........THERE IS A REASON WHY ON THE FIRST PAGE OF EVERY INSTRUCTION MANUAL IT SAYS MUST BE INSTALLED AS PER INSTRUCTIONS. Never say, if you think you know better than us ( manufacturers) just crack on, do what want, install it how you think.

Do you not remember being constantly told during training ALWAYS FOLLOW MIs?

All boilers are designed to be installed as per MIs, if it's not installed to MIs and it's ncs are no longer applicable then it's AR.

SERIOUSLY...THERE IS A REASON WHY ON THE FIRST PAGE OF EVERY INSTRUCTION MANUAL IT SAYS MUST BE INSTALLED AS PER INSTRUCTIONS. Never say, if you think you know better than us ( manufacturers) just crack on, do what want, install it how you think.

Do you not remember being constantly told during training ALWAYS FOLLOW MIs?

Will put it this way

Does it say not to install one in combination with an unvented cylinder no it doesn't

Not everything is in the manufacturers instructions

Because unless the manufacturers of the combi say it can be installed on an unvented they how can you follow the mis?

They don't govern/ say what type of heat load you must have

I could install one to a pool still would be installed correctly and manufacturer would still warrenty it

Will put it this way

Does it say not to install one in combination with an unvented cylinder no it doesn't

Not everything is in the manufacturers instructions

This is why I did write, ring them an ask for a drawing, no drawing and you can not be following MIs, and the instructions ALWAYS say MUST BE INSTALLED TO MANUFACTURERS INSTRUCTIONS.

AND NEVER SAY, unless you think you know better.

Why it's just another heat load prividing you have a draw off eg a tap off the combi your fine
I have a regular customer who has moved house to a house with a Vaillant combi on a Vaillant unvented cylinder. He had me in to have a look but as Shaun has this this ones hot supply has just been capped off. So I am going to run a short run of pipe and a hot tap to the garage or inside the utility.

I’m with you mate. Next he will be saying you cannot Zone a heating circuit? No difference between another zone and a zone for the cylinder. Seen it done loads. Would make sure it has a hot water draw off though. I spoke to Vaillant on the one my customer has as there is loads of work needed and they said just fix the issues and make sure it has a hot water draw off. I’m happy with that.

Yes or no?

Do you have to install to MIs?

I’m sure there is nothing in the Vaillant manual that shows you how to pipe in 2 zones for a larger house yet Vaillant say you can fit their 938 into a 4 bed semi with a bathroom and ensuite. So does that mean on a new build you would put the whole system on one zone? @Bibbs118

Look, you are missing the point, one, seeing it done loads does not mean it's OK, two, vaillant will have a drawing for an s plan plus, three, doing it so it's safe in your mind is not the same as installing to MIs.

And four. Yes or No, do you have to install to MIs?????

If there is no instructions then how can you follow them, this is why I did say, get a drawing from the manufacturers .

You can put a combi on unvented have seen it done numourous times . One hot draw off to utility basin in most cases.

Even done a greenstar with a worcester enginger couple year ago.
If anyone would know about their product they would.

As said another heat source.

Look, you are missing the point, one, seeing it done loads does not mean it's OK, two, vaillant will have a drawing for an s plan plus, three, doing it so it's safe in your mind is not the same as installing to MIs.

And four. Yes or No, do you have to install to MIs?????

If there is no instructions then how can you follow them, this is why I did say, get a drawing from the manufacturers .
You’ve answered you own question. If they have a schematic for an s plan then yes you can.

You can put a combi on unvented have seen it done numourous times . One hot draw off to utility basin in most cases.

Even done a greenstar with a worcester enginger couple year ago.
If anyone would know about their product they would.

As said another heat source.

Please re read what put. Seeing it loads off times does not meant it's OK, this is why I did say get a drawing.

And , s plan zones don't require temp and pressure relief of or a temp cut off do they? So not the same .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Indirect Unvented cylinder, Combi Boiler and Nest Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock