Search the forum,

Discuss Immersion Tank Problems... Can you help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brutal

Hi, Just before xmas customer asked me to replace stat in E7 Element as water was too hot. I carried out replacement and all was working fine.

A week later customer called to say no hot water from E7 Element.

I went back, replaced thermostat still no hot water.

I went back again and connected tempory lead to E7 spur and was only pulling 2a. 3kw element should pull 12a.

I thought is was element so replaced and still no hot water.

Any ideas? I'm just gonna go back today and rewire the E7 circuit, but before I do wondered if I'm missing something simple here. Customer thinks I'm a right fool. lol

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Immersion Tank Problems... Can you help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank fitted in the loft to replace a very old Baxi back boiler. I have now fitted a Solic 200 diverter to utilise all the spare capacity from the 3,84 Kw Pv system on the roof. This has only just become an option as the old existing tank did not...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Got all my stuff together to finally fit the recirculation pump to my hot water tank, but I can't budge the immersion element. I need this out because a) I'm fitting solar which will be used to heat the hot water and although the fitted element has not been used so far, it's been in maybe 20...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock