Discuss Ideal Optia ff50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmart

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got a call to one of these today no heating but has hot water cannot for the life of me find the pump anywhere been under floors etc it's no where to be seen. Any suggestions ?

the flow and return go up through the ceiling which then goes into a fully tiled ensuite which is only part of the floor I can't get access to.

what size f+r pipe work 28mm? if so prob on gravity

you had a look in the loft?

what size f+r pipe work 28mm? if so prob on gravity

you had a look in the loft?

Flow and return is 22mm mate had a look in loft but it's about a metre deep in insulation
Tanks in cupboard but nothing there either not got much experience with gravity systems ?

Flow and return is 22mm mate had a look in loft but it's about a metre deep in insulation
Tanks in cupboard but nothing there either not got much experience with gravity systems ?

wont be gravity if in 22mm the only think if you have had a good look is thermal imaging cam and have a look around with that, either that or go diving in insu :D thank good its you than me ;D

I'm sure it was on 22mm if I'm wrong what's the script if it is on gravity and no heating just hw?

I'm sure it was on 22mm if I'm wrong what's the script if it is on gravity and no heating just hw?

there is one way you could check you found the wiring center / is there a connection on the boiler for a pump?

Couldn't find wiring centre either tbh wasn't there long but had a good nose around

port valve on the cylinder? if yes defo not gravity

You can normally hear a pump... Must be under the insulation or boxed in...

What's got to be the issue with the rads not heating then

pump or badly sludged/ rad valve fecked

No wiring centre either Mate it's like a house jack built dormer windows etc

No wiring centre either Mate it's like a house jack built dormer windows etc

:D the only other place is the loft much pipe work go up? does it have a room stat?

Pipes chase up into the loft but will need to get the insulation moved out the way to have a good look. No room stat just Bg programmer

Pipes chase up into the loft but will need to get the insulation moved out the way to have a good look. No room stat just Bg programmer

my bet gravity system normally if there a pump (old school way) you would only need the pump for heating and use gravity for hot water

my bet gravity system normally if there a pump (old school way) you would only need the pump for heating and use gravity for hot water

Pumps got to be in the loft then or under that bathroom floor which is directly above the boiler gravity still needs a pump for the heating tho does it not ?

Pumps got to be in the loft then or under that bathroom floor which is directly above the boiler gravity still needs a pump for the heating tho does it not ?

You would never find it unless you start ripping floors/paster board off if it's in a floor and it could work but wouldnt be very good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Optia ff50 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi, My step daughter was ripped off by a cowboy builder so I’ve been helping her out and fittted her two radiator. I’ve no idea what is under some...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back