Currently reading:
Ideal classic nf 40 sealed system boiler with megaflow tank

Discuss Ideal classic nf 40 sealed system boiler with megaflow tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

southseapirate

Hi,
DIYer

I have a ideal classic nf 40 sealed system boiler with a megaflow tank fitted upstairs. the problem I have is even though there is no demand from the timer clock for heating or hot water the pump fitted on top of the boiler is constanly running thats even if the main switch on the boiler is in the off position. If I turn on the main switch on the boiler the boiler will fire up even without the timer clock demanding heating or hot water. I have tried disconnecting main components separatley to see if that the problem i.e thermostat, air press switch over heat thermostat but as I'm not too sure I'm really stuck. I'd be very grateful if anyone could help with a little direction.

Thanks

Has it allways done this? if it has sounds like it's wired up wrong to me. The boiler shouldn't be firing up with no call for heat.

Have been in the house about six months and it hasn't done this before. Doing a bit of research could it be the pump thermostat over ride switch. The pump may still think there is hot water in the system so to safe guard boiler its moving it around unitl it gets cooler. The water in the heating system and hot water is cold though.

Im not expert enough to diagnose the problem without looking at it but there are members on here that will be able to help more. You say the boiler fires up with no demand this shouldn't be happening for a start! And as for messing around with air pressure switches and overheat stats you should leave that to a RGI for your own safety as these are important safety devices. i would call a RGI to have a look preferably someone recomended to you good at fault finding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal classic nf 40 sealed system boiler with megaflow tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock