Search the forum,

Discuss hw cylinders piped up in hep20 is this allowed ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leeking

never seen this before or heard of it . I dont think this can be right . what say you ! cheers

when i was working on sites we piped up all our cylinders in equator pipe.

cheers, I have always done them in copper , I have been asked to benchmark 28 so was wondering..

looks s.h.i.t

Last edited by a moderator:
i would work on the same princaple with boilers,ie min 1 metre of copper from boiler,
so i would say min 1 metre from unoins

Cheers wn , same here , would you put your name to ones done in hep ?

I would not sign off anyones HEp2o , how do you know support sleeves are in ? Has it been pressure tested as per Hepworths proceedure ?

good point taddy, and there is no way they will have been tested to hep's test. this firm gave me an independant report where they stated use of hep was not advised though permissable. My advice was to replace all pipe work but firm are obviously not wanting that cost and are leaning on the report. p.s every one had a gate valve on hot feed :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

In your other post you say that these are Unvented Cylinders ! These should have been installed by a registered installer. Temp pressure relief has to be in metal pipe !!! I would ask Hepworth or Cylinder manufacturer before going any futher , but I have warning bells ringing , plastic pipe and elevated temps and pressures !

Indeed, very loud alarm bells ! Phoned santon technical today & they recommend 1m of copper from cylinder. End of for story ! Thanks to all for input. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hw cylinders piped up in hep20 is this allowed ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock