Discuss How to increase hot water pressure to thermostatic mixer shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

colinbruce123

Hi i have fitted a thermostatic shower but my combination boiler doesn't allow enough hot water pressure and flow. Can anyone make any suggestions? I've thought about fitting a pressure restricting valve to the cold line, or purchasing a water heater, to supply the shower. Would this be an option? Any help would be appreciated.

Was the shower suitable for a combi boiler? Did it have restrictors supplied with the shower and did they get fitted as per the instructions? Are the filters on the shower clear and no installation debris present?

Look for the easy stuff first then go from there.

Thanks for your advice i will check filters etc in the morning.

Hi i have fitted a thermostatic shower but my combination boiler doesn't allow enough hot water pressure and flow. Can anyone make any suggestions? I've thought about fitting a pressure restricting valve to the cold line, or purchasing a water heater, to supply the shower. Would this be an option? Any help would be appreciated.

Why did you fit this shower? You state that your combination boiler doesn't allow enough hot water pressure and flow, so why did you fit this shower? It would tell you on the installation instruction the requirements for installation, could have saved yourself a job. As TbServices said "An option would be to CALL A PLUMBER"

fitted a thermostatic shower but my combination boiler doesn't allow enough hot water pressure and flow.
a combi boiler will usually give a good shower performance, compared say to an electric shower, but not so good maybe compared to a 5 bar pump or an unvented cylinder. what is your expectation?
how much pressure and flow does it give??
what size is the boiler?
what size is the shower head??
what is the pressure and flow to the property?
is the pressure and flow to the other outlets better than the shower?

Thanks for this - advice much appreciated. Looks like this could be the solution. I'll let you know how I get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to increase hot water pressure to thermostatic mixer shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock