Discuss Hot water cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rwidget

Hi

Apologies in advance for the very basic post (I'm new to this!).

My current hot water cylinder needs replacing and I've been looking at replacements online - can anyone help with any recommendations for an unvented direct hot water cylinder around the 170/180ltr mark?

I've seen the following cylinders and there seems to be quite a difference in price:

Megaflo 170DD - £815 inc VAT

RM Prostel 180 - £469.99 inc VAT

Telford tempest 170 - £403.20 inc VAT

What are the benefits of going for the Megaflo when the Telford is 50% cheaper?

Thank you very much in advance.

Rob

You'll need a G3 qualified plumber to install the cylinder so I'd find someone to the job and take their advice.

as mike says this isn't a job you can undertake yourself you need to get a suitably qualified engineer. often it isn't cheaper to get equipment yourself either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I recently replaced a dead central heating pump in my home, so drained down the system completely, fitted new pump and filled up. What...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock