Discuss Hot tap won't turn off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sibs

Hi I have a mixer tap in the kitchen with levers. Pull each lever down to turn on and up to turn off - so I think it might be one of those ceramic disc taps ?? Anyway the hot water tap won't shut off - ie you push the lever up but the water stays on (thank heaven for service valves)
Does anyone know what might be wrong? Will I need to replace the whole tap?
Thanks

Thanks sonray
A few more questions - is a cartridge easy to replace?do I need to know the make of the tap? Are the cartridges easy to find ie plumbers merchant/diy shop? What if I don't know the make?
Thanks

You do need to know the make to order a new cartridge. If the tap originally came from one of the sheds you may find that you can't get spares.

Mike

yes they unscrew like a normal tap insert
yes make/model of tap is needed.
or can you give us a pic of the tap and a pic of the cartridge.
maybe able to put a name to it or cartridge number.

Thanks guys... sorry can't find digital camera also not my tap and house is no within popping round distance. I severely doubt she will know the make of the tap so does that mean its a new tap?

Thanks everyone....have fixed the tap.... was easy and found the spare part I needed in B&Q after going to two plumbing shops - wouldn't ya know it :rolleyes:
Thanks for all your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot tap won't turn off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back