Discuss Horizontal Un-vent Cylinders Have you Installed ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris watkins

Esteemed
Plumber
Have any you boys & girls got any experiences installing these good or bad ? What are the best makes, any recommendations ?
Thanks CW

I've only ever fitted one a year or so ago Chris. It was a McDonald Engineering Powerflow (a copper one). I only really used it as i needed it the next day and picked it up from the factory (ordered at 3pm picked up at 11am next day). Similar to the old copper ones i can't 'remember the name of from the early 90's (it think they were made by them too).
It was a surprisingly good unit. Dead easy to fit. A bit different from most other unvented in that it comes with everything prefitted except the pressure reducer. The expansion vessel is loose but can screw into a tapping on the cylinder or be fitted remote. The pressure is only 2.1 bar but nobody would notice that much. I'd use one again.
Btw i think it had a 28mm coil if i remember rightly and came with adaptors like albitechs.

I've only ever fitted one a year or so ago Chris. It was a McDonald Engineering Powerflow (a copper one). I only really used it as i needed it the next day and picked it up from the factory (ordered at 3pm picked up at 11am next day). Similar to the old copper ones i can't 'remember the name of from the early 90's (it think they were made by them too).
It was a surprisingly good unit. Dead easy to fit. A bit different from most other unvented in that it comes with everything prefitted except the pressure reducer. The expansion vessel is loose but can screw into a tapping on the cylinder or be fitted remote. The pressure is only 2.1 bar but nobody would notice that much. I'd use one again.
Btw i think it had a 28mm coil if i remember rightly and came with adaptors like albitechs.
Thanks Tamz, funny enough I was looking a McDonald web site the other day not for an un-vented but something else & spotted the fast service option, I had a bad experience with a copper one a good few years back but I think that came from Manchester.
I have got to do a design brief for boiler & cylinder in a very tight loft, you know the type of thing wave a magic wand & hay presto it all fits, is piped up & can be maintained. Still the copper flexibility could be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Horizontal Un-vent Cylinders Have you Installed ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
Hi All, I have recently changed heating source to a heat pump and so I have had a new water cylinder installed (different internal element...
Replies
Views
Peter M
P
R
  • Question
Hi, am getting our bathroom updated and local company suggested ditching our traditional attic CW tank/vented cylinder and pump for the shower and...
Replies
Views
I'd like to install an unvented cylinder in the loft. With limited headroom it would have to be horizontal. I want to keep my existing valiant...
Replies
Views
Hi, am getting our bathroom updated and local company suggested ditching our traditional attic CW tank/vented cylinder and pump for the shower and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock