Discuss horizontal end feed joint problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davenport.neil

Whilst recently altering the boiler flow and return to accommodate an underfloor heating manifold I de-soldered some joints and found that there were areas were the solder had not fully run. They were always on the top side of a horizontal joint and although they had not leaked as they were less than a third of the joint depth and at the back of the joint I am wondering if I am doing something wrong?
I always thoroughly clean pipe and socket, use la-co flux and lead solder for CH pipes.

Any advice?

Are you applying the solder to one area only? Are you heating evenly around the full diameter of the joint?

did not leak, can't see a problem myself. try using hotter gas aecetylene propane mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to horizontal end feed joint problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys Bit of frustrating situation, I was preparing to solder a 15mm Tee by lining it up to get the positioning right, etc and it was quite...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Hello. I wonder if someone can help. We have noticed 2 issues in our house over the last couple of weeks . We have a Glow Worm Ultracom 24cxi...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock