Search the forum,

Discuss Hoping to upgrade my 2002 1.9 Scudo to a 2007/8 model. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Will I be pleasantly suprised?

I've got about 3.5k to spend and got to do it asap as my van is threatening to go caput sharpish.

Thanks

The only surprise will be the hdi engine, still has the carp hand brake on the right.
Not bad vans though, it was what I was looking at, but was a tad too small for my needs.

I was faced with this decision the other week, I chose to spend £350 to keep it going.

What makes you think its on its last legs?

Heard 1.6 lump suffers mechanical issues and some sort of engine pollution device that plays up

I was faced with this decision the other week, I chose to spend £350 to keep it going.

What makes you think its on its last legs?

It's an accumulation of a large number of minor things, the general deterioration/overall condition, the fact it has never been looked after at all and the fact I'm loathed to throw more money at it should the need suddently arise - all of which have co-incided with a bit of van lust and a few k slushing about in the coffers.

That and the fact I know nothing about vans but a good friend who knows an awful lot is back in town the end of next week and is happy to come check out an example or two.

On the one hand I think that if someone could tell me I had a 95% chance that it would cost me no more than a grand to keep it rattling along for another year, I prbably would and would use it as time to save up more. On the other hand I truly wonder what extra guarantee of longevity/inexpense you really get by spending 7k on a transporter/veto that you don't get by buying allowing for buying two vans that cost half as much over the same period. I half suspect there's a lot of "i want the shiny shiny" masquerading as prudence in the whole van discussion.

I want the shiny shiny but I also want to keep the money money...I like earning it but I hate spending.

I'm so tight I'm going to wrap up last years Valentines present my girlfriend gave me and give it back to her...

...no I'd never do a thing like that..

It's an accumulation of a large number of minor things, the general deterioration/overall condition, the fact it has never been looked after at all and the fact I'm loathed to throw more money at it should the need suddently arise - all of which have co-incided with a bit of van lust and a few k slushing about in the coffers.

That and the fact I know nothing about vans but a good friend who knows an awful lot is back in town the end of next week and is happy to come check out an example or two.

On the one hand I think that if someone could tell me I had a 95% chance that it would cost me no more than a grand to keep it rattling along for another year, I prbably would and would use it as time to save up more. On the other hand I truly wonder what extra guarantee of longevity/inexpense you really get by spending 7k on a transporter/veto that you don't get by buying allowing for buying two vans that cost half as much over the same period. I half suspect there's a lot of "i want the shiny shiny" masquerading as prudence in the whole van discussion.

look at what i bought,transit puma lump,loads of space,dont rust,pulls like a train,getting 44 mpg,all for 4 k with 80k on the clock,and they look nice and modern as well $_57 (1).jpg

I think no matter what van you buy the overall condition needs to be good exterior a few bumps and scrapes nothing to worry about and a very well kept cab, your going to be driving it at least 5 days a week 48 weeks a year, its like when people buy cheap boots or work gear and can't see the point in getting decent stuff

A friend still has an old 1.9 dispatch.
It has to be the most abused van i know of. Thoroughly unloved and unserviced. I think its around the 200k mark and it starts all weathers and never misses a beat

A friend still has an old 1.9 dispatch.
It has to be the most abused van i know of. Thoroughly unloved and unserviced. I think its around the 200k mark and it starts all weathers and never misses a beat

We had the same lump in a ldv pilot ,it was a slug but but very reliable

Ended up going for a low mileage, older shape 2006 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 in ridiculously good condition.

Whoever said it goes faster wasn't kidding!

Now that glorious moment of owning a beautiful clean empty van before you have to spoil it by filling it full of tools and boxes of crap.

Ended up going for a low mileage, older shape 2006 Citroen Dispatch 2.0 in ridiculously good condition.

Whoever said it goes faster wasn't kidding!

Now that glorious moment of owning a beautiful clean empty van before you have to spoil it by filling it full of tools and boxes of crap.

Pictures of how you rack it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hoping to upgrade my 2002 1.9 Scudo to a 2007/8 model. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock