Search the forum,

Discuss hole in hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zaffy

A hole the size of a coin has appeared in the corrugated, flexible, outlet hose of my dishwasher. The perpetrator, a mouse I presume. Any ideas how to repair it? The dishwasher is a Bosch. Thanks.

Spares available from here

I was hoping I might be able to either cover the hole with some super-duper tape invention - or cut a piece off and join a new piece. My problem is, I have looked to see where the hose goes into the dishwasher and cannot see, even if I remove the plastic clip holding it in place, how to remove it. It disappears inside the dishwasher and I don't know how to get at it.

It may be attached to another pipe or the pump internally within the dishwasher - possibly with a jubilee clip or spring clip.

A hole the size of a coin has appeared in the corrugated, flexible, outlet hose of my dishwasher. The perpetrator, a mouse I presume. Any ideas how to repair it? The dishwasher is a Bosch. Thanks.

If you cut the pipe where the hole is ,a piece of 3/4" copper should fit into the pipe and secure it with 2 dublee clips.

If you cut the pipe where the hole is ,a piece of 3/4" copper should fit into the pipe and secure it with 2 dublee clips.

Thanks, I'm off to the plumbers right now to get some dublee clips, whatever they are.

It may be attached to another pipe or the pump internally within the dishwasher - possibly with a jubilee clip or spring clip.

My problem is, I cannot get to it. I presume I have to remove the dishwasher's top and side panel. The side panel seems easy enough but I have no idea how to remove the top. I have emailed Bosch. For now though, I am going to mess about with some dublee clips and copper pipe. It's like all jobs, half the time it's the access rather than repairing the job itself.

I'm sure aido meant jubilee clips. You may be able to bog it with them, but my choice would be to replace the whole pipe, I bet it's really obvious how to remove/replace it when you get the back off it.

Or get an engineer in. Whole job should cost about £50 and you get a guarantee.

Shoot the mouse or get a cat.

Good idea Sys, but most posters on this forum would rather spend two days on the computer, two days and £30 at B&Q than get a tradesman in for £50.

Thank you everybody for your input. I feel it is only fair to share the outcome of my venture with you.
Bosch will offer no help, so don't bother ringing them.
REMOVE DISHWASHER PLUG FROM ELECTRICITY SUPPLY AND TURN WATER VALVE INLET OFF.
1. Remove the top of the dishwasher, it is very stiff. You have to press in the flanges on the back and pull towards you.
2. Undo the screws holding the side panel on.
3. Remove hose.
4. Replace hose, for a few quid.
5. Screw back side panel.
6. Replace top.
JOB DONE TEN MINUTES WHEN YOU KNOW HOW.
7. Set mouse trap.
8. Make a cup of tea and plan how to spend that £50 you just saved.

Well done! it only took 20 posts to solve this problem.
Doh!
That's okay. My job keeps me in front of the screen. I just pop in and out of the forum, and I am a fast touch typist, 60wpm. Hardly took any of my time and it's nice to read what pleasant people have to say. Of course there would not have been so many posts if you had not added your glib comments. My problem is solved, please do not bother to respond. This post is closed. Thanks again everyone and I hope one day my small learning curve helps someone who visits this fab website with the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hole in hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock