Search the forum,

Discuss hole in hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zaffy

A hole the size of a coin has appeared in the corrugated, flexible, outlet hose of my dishwasher. The perpetrator, a mouse I presume. Any ideas how to repair it? The dishwasher is a Bosch. Thanks.

Spares available from here

I was hoping I might be able to either cover the hole with some super-duper tape invention - or cut a piece off and join a new piece. My problem is, I have looked to see where the hose goes into the dishwasher and cannot see, even if I remove the plastic clip holding it in place, how to remove it. It disappears inside the dishwasher and I don't know how to get at it.

It may be attached to another pipe or the pump internally within the dishwasher - possibly with a jubilee clip or spring clip.

A hole the size of a coin has appeared in the corrugated, flexible, outlet hose of my dishwasher. The perpetrator, a mouse I presume. Any ideas how to repair it? The dishwasher is a Bosch. Thanks.

If you cut the pipe where the hole is ,a piece of 3/4" copper should fit into the pipe and secure it with 2 dublee clips.

If you cut the pipe where the hole is ,a piece of 3/4" copper should fit into the pipe and secure it with 2 dublee clips.

Thanks, I'm off to the plumbers right now to get some dublee clips, whatever they are.

It may be attached to another pipe or the pump internally within the dishwasher - possibly with a jubilee clip or spring clip.

My problem is, I cannot get to it. I presume I have to remove the dishwasher's top and side panel. The side panel seems easy enough but I have no idea how to remove the top. I have emailed Bosch. For now though, I am going to mess about with some dublee clips and copper pipe. It's like all jobs, half the time it's the access rather than repairing the job itself.

I'm sure aido meant jubilee clips. You may be able to bog it with them, but my choice would be to replace the whole pipe, I bet it's really obvious how to remove/replace it when you get the back off it.

Or get an engineer in. Whole job should cost about ÂŁ50 and you get a guarantee.

Shoot the mouse or get a cat.

Good idea Sys, but most posters on this forum would rather spend two days on the computer, two days and ÂŁ30 at B&Q than get a tradesman in for ÂŁ50.

Thank you everybody for your input. I feel it is only fair to share the outcome of my venture with you.
Bosch will offer no help, so don't bother ringing them.
REMOVE DISHWASHER PLUG FROM ELECTRICITY SUPPLY AND TURN WATER VALVE INLET OFF.
1. Remove the top of the dishwasher, it is very stiff. You have to press in the flanges on the back and pull towards you.
2. Undo the screws holding the side panel on.
3. Remove hose.
4. Replace hose, for a few quid.
5. Screw back side panel.
6. Replace top.
JOB DONE TEN MINUTES WHEN YOU KNOW HOW.
7. Set mouse trap.
8. Make a cup of tea and plan how to spend that ÂŁ50 you just saved.

Well done! it only took 20 posts to solve this problem.
Doh!
That's okay. My job keeps me in front of the screen. I just pop in and out of the forum, and I am a fast touch typist, 60wpm. Hardly took any of my time and it's nice to read what pleasant people have to say. Of course there would not have been so many posts if you had not added your glib comments. My problem is solved, please do not bother to respond. This post is closed. Thanks again everyone and I hope one day my small learning curve helps someone who visits this fab website with the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to hole in hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I removed an old shower hose, which was installed by previous home owner at least 12 years ago. Upon removal, the connection is like nothing I have ever seen and I am unable to find any replacement hose of similar connector type. btw: When I removed the hose , there was no loose rubber washer...
Replies
Views
Hi all! I'm in the process of fitting a replacement undersink water heater in my shed and, as advised in the instructions (yes, I know, what am I doing reading those!), it reccommends connecting to the inlet and outlet using SS braided flexible hoses. Nothing wrong there me thinks. I dropped...
Replies
Views
Easy if you're a plumber I guess, but if you have no plumbing knowledge? Its a Bosch, nearly ten years old I think, its door won't shut, so it needs to be removed. They're a few videos that supposedly explain how to do it, but none for countertop dishwashers. I only saw one mention what you...
Replies
Views
I've got a countertop dishwasher. It's an RCA, but it's made in the same place as all the other brands, including Magic Chef, Danby, etc., that have the first generation style design for countertop dishwashers. (the different brands put their own name on these particular identical Chinese...
Replies
Views
I have a vanity basin and concealed cistern toilet to install. In place if a wall hung basin and toilet in a down stairs cloak room. The only problem is it's a tiled floor and the original toilet has been fit then tiled around. So when I remove they'll be a hole in the floor tiling. The new...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock