Discuss HMRC 'Plumbers Campaign Team' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PowerFlusher2

Coincidentally, a remarkable note has been sent anonymously to my inbox. It comes from the ‘Plumbers Campaign Team’ of Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

It reveals ten plumbers have been arrested and 1,600 more are facing investigation over income that has not been declared.

I checked with HMRC and they confirmed they were targeting plumbers.

Read more: Now there's a bonus for deadbeats | Mail Online

This was part of an article in Kelvin McKenzies 'rant' page of the Mail on Saturday (25 February 2012).

my mate had a letter about this his accountant reckons they are trying to scare people and to be fair he is pretty spot on when it comes to doing thing properly my mate that is.

They must be a bit sore ,and have it in for plumbers after ,"Wendy house divertor valve incident " at some fish processing plant !

If you don't pay your due then you're steeling money from me. More power to them!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

If you ...

Employ an accountant
Trust him/her
Tell them about ALL your income (not just plumbing but savings, tips, etc)
Let your accountant advise you about what you can do to lower your tax bill

Then you'll have no need to fear the taxman.

As Howsie suggests evading tax (avoiding is legal) is as bad as claiming for state benefits when you're not entitled to them.

Naturally, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HMRC 'Plumbers Campaign Team' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock