Search the forum,

Discuss High pitch whistle. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DanielBeds

Hello,

We are having a problem with our boiler and was just wandering if you have any ideas.

We have a Vaillant EcoTec Plus open vent boiler and system. It has only happened twice but both times the heating and hot water has not been on then we have used alot of hot water and when the boiler comes on set by the timer it is making a high pitched constant whistle. This doesn't happen if the hot water hasn't been used up. Is the boiler working alot harder when it comes on so drawing more gas thus making it whistle through the valve or could it be the water supply into the boiler?

The noise can be heard outside.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Daniel.

I am also having this problem. Same boiler, wakes me up promptly on a morning.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'd get a Gas Safe Repair engineer to look at it, could be a number of things.
These boilers are are great but must be serviced annually as if the burner gaskets leak, there can be alot of damage.

or pump needs bleeding. hard to diagnose as 'descriptors' of things like noises and smells vary dramatically between different people

I'm told this happens on those rare ocassions I open my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High pitch whistle. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock