Discuss Hi from a newbie. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DIYMummy

Hello.

Hope someone can help me please.

The hot tap in the bathroom sink was running a trickle of water, thought it was a split washer, so went to replace it only to find a limescale encrusted screw, which is refusing to budge.

Anyone got any idea on how to remove the screw.

It clearly isn't a split washer and its the limescale thats causing the slow trickle of water.

I don't mind calling a plumber but if its a job i can do by myself then i would easily do it.

Many thanks.

DIYMummy. :)

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk DIYMummy. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Hi Diy Mummy,welcome

You could just get new tap reviver heads from a plumbing merchants...cheaper than the diy stores

Or if you remove head again, turn head section until washer section screws out from bottom, remove 1/2 "'o' ring around it, forget to put back when you reassemble, the tap will work
what is happening is that that the bottom 'o' ring is letting by, filling section between that and top 'o' ring with water, so when you try to open, you cannot compress this water, it forms a kind of hydraulic stop and tap will not open
If this has been happening for a while,possible sir clip damage at top of tap

Therefore top option may be best,for long term fix :)

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for your replies, i will try the lemon juice option 1st, if that fails then i will be off to the plumber merchants on Monday.

Thank you once again.

DIYMummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi from a newbie. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back