Search the forum,

Discuss Hep,push fit, copper head done reet in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy_Swizz

Big problem need help.10years ago I had an extension put on my house. The original par of house is fitted with 10mm copper radiator pipes, no problems ever. The extension was titled with 10mm microbore plastic, which after I year or so I've had limited flow to rads, blocked plastic pipes, which I constantly have to dismantle and blow through foot pumps to unblock. Past year I've replaced 2 of 3 rads that run with plastic to 15mm plastic and had no problem.now the question the hatch that branches to the 3 plastic pipes are run of hep pushfit joints, I want to change the final rad using polyplumb 15mm, will this cause a problem.

Hello Andy,
get it changed for 15mm, might need to balance system after??
but don't ignore the question as to why there is such a problem of build up!

Get it changed but also have it power flushed by a good plumber. He or she will be able to determine if some other aspect of the system design was causing the problem.

Cheers lads, my mate the plumber has told me to run a new 10mm through next week for temporary. Until Easter and replace all my plastic with copper. What seems to happen over the summer when the central heating is off the sludge on system solidifies in pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hep,push fit, copper head done reet in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a leak on the live side of one of my rads, in the GF loo. Its a condensing combi system, the house is only 5 years old, so fairly new...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we're doing some renovation work to our property and we wanted to install a sauna house (includes shower) in the garden, irrigation system...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I've just joined, was going to post in the new members forum, but the first site generated email sent me here... I am here, as have a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock