Search the forum,

Discuss Help with drainage smell downstairs after loft conversion completion in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I’m really hoping someone can help me please or at least point me in the right direction. We had a loft conversion finished last year and moved up into it December time. It included en-suite with shower and bath. When we first used the shower the following day found a huge wet patch on the bedroom ceiling immediately below. The plumber came out and said the seal in the shower drain was flush, corrected it and that’s been fine since. After this we started to notice a smell in the ground floor under stairs cupboard, it’s a drainage smell and is now constant. We’ve had the drains flushed twice and a camera down and been told the drains are fine. The builders who did the conversion said maybe it was from the waste stack and came a couple of weeks ago and extended that out from the roof space and through out of the roof but this hasn’t helped. The plumbers who did the bathroom work seem to have washed their hands of whole thing and are adamant it’s not from the bathroom however the smell is coming from the cavity wall that runs straight down from the loft. I don’t know what to do next or who to get in touch with to come and look. Any help or advice would be massively appreciated.
Thank you,
Rachael

Does the stack run internally from downstairs all the way up to the Loft?
If not and it's outside do any waste pipes run through the cavity wall to conect to it?

Reply to Help with drainage smell downstairs after loft conversion completion in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

For about a year, my shower on a third floor is giving an on off gas smell sometimes after a shower and particularly in the morning not long after the sun rises enough to hit our roof. I usually run some water into my p-trap and the smell goes away after a few minutes. There is a tub right...
Replies
Views
Hello We recently had a bathroom referb containing a new walk in shower and have noticed that after the shower has drained away there is a distinct 'eggy' sulpher type smell coming up from the trap. Can anyone point me in the right direction as what this most likely will be and how to best deal...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
My water stinks. Smells musty. I installed a Whirlpool water softener mid February of this year ('23) and it's smelled ever since. So here's the story: we live on a farm in southeast PA. Our well is 60' deep with the water table around 10'. Two houses supplied from the same well. One day I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock