Search the forum,

Discuss Help with drainage smell downstairs after loft conversion completion in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I’m really hoping someone can help me please or at least point me in the right direction. We had a loft conversion finished last year and moved up into it December time. It included en-suite with shower and bath. When we first used the shower the following day found a huge wet patch on the bedroom ceiling immediately below. The plumber came out and said the seal in the shower drain was flush, corrected it and that’s been fine since. After this we started to notice a smell in the ground floor under stairs cupboard, it’s a drainage smell and is now constant. We’ve had the drains flushed twice and a camera down and been told the drains are fine. The builders who did the conversion said maybe it was from the waste stack and came a couple of weeks ago and extended that out from the roof space and through out of the roof but this hasn’t helped. The plumbers who did the bathroom work seem to have washed their hands of whole thing and are adamant it’s not from the bathroom however the smell is coming from the cavity wall that runs straight down from the loft. I don’t know what to do next or who to get in touch with to come and look. Any help or advice would be massively appreciated.
Thank you,
Rachael

Does the stack run internally from downstairs all the way up to the Loft?
If not and it's outside do any waste pipes run through the cavity wall to conect to it?

Reply to Help with drainage smell downstairs after loft conversion completion in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock