Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss help!! trying to find a tap gland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrspepperami

Hello all first time posting here, i have tried without success to find a tap gland identical to the one in the photo attached

the measurements are
A 45
B 23
C 22
D 7
E 15
F 20
G 3
H 0

I have got one from b&q that fits and stops my hot water running away, but it is too long and there is a gap between the tap handle and main tap assembly

Attachments

• IMAG0589.jpg
    IMAG0589.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 76
Thank you, i have tried several, they all want the name of the tap, no name on it, possibly Bristan?

Your choices are limited then.
Pop round to a few merchants with the old tap innards (gland?).
I have once or twice been lucky to find exact matches for some unbranded taps/showers by searching google images.
If you think it's Bristan, phone/e-mail them with a photo of the tap and give them some dimensions.
You could even take your old tap innards round to a scrap merchants to see if they have anything similar in the brass bin.
If all else fails get some new taps.

It would really help if we knew what A, B, C etc. related to on the actual cartridge!

I keep a few different sizes on the van made by Oracstar. If any of them are suitable I can tell you the catalogue number. If your local independent doesn't stock them maybe they could order them.

Without the makers name, this has become a fairly pointless search.

There are literally hundreds of firms importing taps, often with similar-but-not-quite-identical innards.

Whilst we would do our best to help a regular, we would be inwardly groaning at the request. To a non-regular customer, I think we would be saying "sorry mate, can't help you".

If it drips, you can sometime remove the 2 ceramic halves of the valve (very carefully), clean them up with a bit of vinegar. Then get hold of some silicon gel (must be for potable water), smear a real thin coating of each of the totally flat, opposing surfaces of the discs and refit in reverse order. Can use petroleum jelly if pushed.

It sounds tricky and is tricky but 9 out of 10 times will cure a dripping ceramic disc valve.
Above all, gently does it.

If it drips, you can sometime remove the 2 ceramic halves of the valve (very carefully), clean them up with a bit of vinegar. Then get hold of some silicon gel (must be for potable water), smear a real thin coating of each of the totally flat, opposing surfaces of the discs and refit in reverse order. Can use petroleum jelly if pushed.

It sounds tricky and is tricky but 9 out of 10 times will cure a dripping ceramic disc valve.
Above all, gently does it.
Can't use my hammer then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help!! trying to find a tap gland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi, I am trying to fit a replacement tap to a mini-sink that's built in to the top of a toilet. The original tap isn't made any more by the...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have been trying to find a replacement shower hose that match these ends, but we haven't had any luck. The hose ends we see online or...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Hoping for a bit of advice/info in this one: My Setup Small system in apartment with cold tank above hot tank in the hotpress, so...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Brand new to this forum so please be kind! Recently taken in a project to redo my ensuite and have thoroughly enjoyed the process of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock