Search the forum,

Discuss Help Halstead ace over heat cut out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dunk

Hi, I'm gas safe registered.

I went to look at a friends Halstead ace boiler that keeps locking out when there is a high demand on the boiler when on central heating and hot water.
I was thinking it could be the overheat thermostat but I'm not sure.

I think it might be because when I felt the flow pipe with the overheat stat on it, it was scolding. In the instructions it says it could be the overheat stat but they are pretty vague. Any help would be very appreciated.

try the diverter valve, pipe blockage.and pump. hope that helps,

Thanks for replying, I didn't say that everything seems to be working. The heating and hot water both work but when the heating is on and upto temperature and then the hot water is turned on it locks out. So I think that rules out the pump, diverter valve and a blockage, but I might be wrong. I'm quite new to fault finding but I am trying to build up more experience.

sh't in diverter-ch works fine. change over , diverter not changing over? worth alook

I think it might be because when I felt the flow pipe with the overheat stat on it, it was scolding. In the instructions it says it could be the overheat stat but they are pretty vague. Any help would be very appreciated.

should be about 11 degree difference between flow / return, try to check temp, I use my Telegan sprint, try n improvise if u ain't got one. Anyway if the return is over cool then there is a blockage. Check resistance on the thermistors about 19 Kohms at degrees. Pumps can be an issue where overheating is concerned

Is the air relief valve on the top on the heat exchanger working efficiently. This boiler has a reputation for overheating if air gets trapped in thetop of the heat exchanger. Check the venturi's to see if they have started to melt down, a sure sign.

Thank you for all your advise I will check everything you have said. I called Halstead tec help today and they said it could be the diverter valve not changing over fully from CH to DMH and check the resistance on the thermisters.

Thank you for all your advise I will check everything you have said. I called Halstead tec help today and they said it could be the diverter valve not changing over fully from CH to DMH and check the resistance on the thermisters.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm, diverter not changing over mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help Halstead ace over heat cut out? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock