Search the forum,

Discuss Help !! Grant Vortex 36 Outdoor Boiler - Nightmare....Not firing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SMH13

Hello

I feel I know almost everything about my Grant Vortex Combi Condensing boiler !

In fact Grant replaced my first one a couple of years ago as there were so many problems !!

Well it must have been 3 months that its been working and now no hot water or heating.

There is power, pressure is fine, oil fine......however, usually when I switch it on and off (taking the cover off) it fires up.

Now it makes a whooshing noise like its about to fire up and nothing.

Please avoid Grant Boilers for your own sanity! grantVTXOMCOMBI21.jpg

Any help would be really appreciated :confused5:

lcome to the forum, grant technical are normally very good, try to contact

Does the burner repeatately try to fire up without going to lockout ? The photocell may be dirty or oil pump is broken, would be my best first guesses, but either way, you are better getting it looked at & prob serviced.

I have the same problem. The boiler will sound as if it has started and I can hear the pump working but the boiler is not firing. If I switch the boiler off and on it will eventually fire up. The warm water store is not working, so the only way for us to get warm water is when the heating is on??? Nightmare!!!

SOunds like a PCB ranbru, the latest versions are more robust, though recently I have been swapping the control panel out for the latest 'e' model, as I have to date had zero problems with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help !! Grant Vortex 36 Outdoor Boiler - Nightmare....Not firing up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Any advice welcome as plumber stumped Had 36-46 grant vortex utility boiler 7 years no problem recently oil tank move and tigerloop install...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with my Grant Vortex internal combi boiler. Specifically the electrical side. Everything was working fine (with a dual...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have Grant oil fired boiler which when cold, takes multiple times to fire up. It will run for say 20 or 30 seconds with hot exhaust...
Replies
Views
R
Evening everyone, We've been having some issues with hot water coming from our Grant Vortex 21 boiler (external, oil fired, no cylinder) Water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock