Search the forum,

Discuss Grant Vortex Blue no power to CH pump in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I have an issue with my Grant Vortex internal combi boiler. Specifically the electrical side. Everything was working fine (with a dual channel Hive system) but then the central hearing stopped working. When looking it seemed like there were a number of loose contacts as when we moved the cable the pump powered up. Now however the pump isn’t receiving any power at all, when testing across the connections on the pcb there is no voltage there at all.

Could the pcb have been shorted? I swapped the connections for the hot water side and the central heating side and was able to power the pump.

Any ideas why I’m getting no volts across the CH pump side of the pcb?

Thanks

Have you have checked there is a live feed to board to the heating terminal 19 and if so a feed out to heating pump on terminal 6 ?
Is the heating switch on boiler in correct position
If board is suspected talk to Grant technical they will walk you through tests necessary.
They really are excellent in stark contrast to some other oil boiler manufacturers.
We have changed one or two boards nearer always caused by spilled water fron heating pump.

Reply to Grant Vortex Blue no power to CH pump in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock