Discuss HELP , boiler trips house electricity when turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I have isolated everything poss get ible except the new fuel box and it still trips
I would get a spark in and ohm out from the start check wot curve barker you got in hear all the way to the casing on the boiler and parts mate

Each braker has a curve type but can still have the same amp so so each one trips at a diffrent point in the curve EG 20amp type C curve or type B and so on. Google it if you want to know more or just go into a supplyers and ask and see if you put the right one in for start I have once or twice bin given the wrong type by newys and put it in and stuff trips out once it reaches the point

OMG , WHY IS EVERYONE SO TOUCHY ON HERE??? is it that time of the month or what?:cheesy:

AGAIN I am not trying to fix it myself.

your not trying to fix it yourself ? but you really are ! what you planning on doing finding the problem then callin an engineer to fix it ?

funny you should say that, the house tripped out today with nothing on but the fridge.

coz of the crisis here guys are graftin for peanuts, my sparky was only charging 6 euros an hour to re wire the house :shocked:. i thought he was trying to make a bit extra on a few items so i decided to get all the gear myself from ebay which was loads cheaper, been working fine for 8 months but one of the items was a mains breaker i think (i'm crap at electrical terms) its the 1st one in the box which is a quadruple switch which he bought but then he wanted 250 euros for the 'rcd' switch, as my house is on '3 phase' i didnt know if he was ripping me off so i got a 'RCD 4 Pole 40A 30mA' for £20 new which the seller said was fine for me.
whenever the boiler tripped it tripped the quad swith and never the 'rcd'
toadoy the same happened with nothing on but the fridge.

6 euros an hour and you still needed to supply materials because it is expensive!

read it again, he was cheap but his materials were not.250 euros for a trip switch raised a few alarms.

My point was more about paying peanuts.
Screwed the sparks down on price and bought cheap from fleabay.
At least it lasted 8 months, what will the spark charge to put it right?

i thought he was trying to make a bit extra on a few items so i decided to get all the gear myself from ebay which was loads cheaper, been working fine for 8 months but one of the items was a mains breaker i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELP , boiler trips house electricity when turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We've had a Grant Thornton oil boiler for about 5 years and suddenly it trips the electricity when it rains? The unit is in a wood shed and the...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
I have an older gas boiler HW heating system with a taco circulator pump for each zone that worked fine last season. When turning it on for the...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock