Search the forum,

Discuss Heating not going off, hot water only heating to lukewarm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robbieh

Hi all,

Im having a problem, yesterday I noticed the hot water only heated lukewarm, today I have just noticed the same, but also the radiators are scorching hot, even with the thermostat lowered to 10. I have tried turning the heating off around 20 mins ago but as of yet they havent cooled down.

Dont know much about all this, Ive just dug out the instruction booklet for the boiler and it says glow worm, but doesnt specify the model, although the booklet says 30BF 40BF 50BF and 60BF. Its around 12 years old.

any advice? Im worried it could be an emergency. Cheers.

Without knowing what type of system you have then advice would be limited.
Perhaps you should get a pro in.

Just looked in the airing cupboard, we have a 3 way diverter valve with settings W M and H. it is currently set to H. Could this be anything to do with it? Missus had cupboard stuffed full of clothes so switch could have been knocked.

Edit: also another switch with MAN and OPEN currently set to MAN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating not going off, hot water only heating to lukewarm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock