Search the forum,

Discuss Grant Vortex Pro Combi 21e oil boiler - slightly high pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eriskay

The pressure is currently showing at 2 bar - is it OK to run it at this pressure, and if not how can I reduce the pressure (or is this a job for the engineer)? Many thanks.

If it is showing 2 bar when hot then don't worry about it, this is not far
normal.

Check the pressure when the boiler is cold. Should be around 1 - 1.5 bar.

Check that the filling loop not letting by. You can reduce the system pressure
by opening a vent nipple on a radiator and letting some water out.

If pressure continues to rise then get it looked at.

Thank you heliotrope - that's very helpful. I'll let a bit of water out via a radiator to drop the pressure down a little - I didn't realise doing something as straightforward as that would do the trick! I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Thank you heliotrope - that's very helpful. I'll let a bit of water out via a radiator to drop the pressure down a little - I didn't realise doing something as straightforward as that would do the trick! I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Good Afternoon Eriskay.
If you do have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Technical Services Department on either [email protected] or by calling 01380 736920.

Thank you - Grant UK.

Good Afternoon Eriskay.
If you do have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact our Technical Services Department on either [email protected] or by calling 01380 736920.

Thank you - Grant UK.

Thank you Grant UK for this helpful information. I managed to reduce the pressure as suggested and so far it's remained stable. It's very useful to have this contact number and email for future reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grant Vortex Pro Combi 21e oil boiler - slightly high pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock