Search the forum,

Discuss Grand National in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumb08

Who have you backed at the bookies?

I went for Chicago grey, guaranteed it will be the first one down.

My hoss was one of the three who couldn't stay upright. Rainbow hunter....should have known better than to put money on a gay with a gun.

I put my money on Balthazar and Seabass. I looked at Aurora and "shall I? Shan't I?"

I shall be sitting on the roof howling at the moon later!

I don't like this race because of the suffering that the horses go through. At least this year there were no casualties.

I don't think there will be any arguments there Col, a lot of the jumps have been changed to avoid hurting the horses. Even the old monster, John McCrirrick, has concerns. He thinks Bechers Brook should be changed so the take of and landing are at the same height instead of staggered as they are at the moment.

Thing is if they go too far it will just be another race. Not the Race of Races.....

I bet 25 quid over 5 horses. They all lost.

But on the way out of the bookies I put 5 quid in the roulette machine and won 32 quid.

So I never won on the national but the bets where effectively free :)

I had Treacle, first horse to fall, rainbow hunter which went, harry the Viking (think it vanished) and Chicago grey. But I have a big raceday and bet on a few races. Spent £50 and with my winnings and from last nights sweepstake it cost me about a fiver for an afternoons entertainment. Nice to see that all the horses made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grand National in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or HW.. ( I had to dig backwards from the customers phone number he had) . Turns out the email for invoice i asked for is fake, dont reply to my text...
Replies
Views
In the photo there is a grey 32mm push fit elbow between the sink trap and down pipe. I want to replace the elbow with a "male" push fit tee attached to an air admittance valve to stop gurgling noises. I can't find a tee fitting that description, can anybody offer a solution as you can see space...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a tank Bradford White 50 gallon gas hot water heater for a 1700 sq ft home with 2 1/2 baths, HOWEVER, I am only one person living there. It was installed in March of 2015 so it is 8 years old. I believe life expectancy for a typical hot water heater is around 10 - 12 years so I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock