Discuss Grab adhesive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi,

Planning to help a mate with a bath install I will be bonding the edge of the bath onto tiles as it was an old wet room, can anyone recommend an adhesive that will keep the bath stuck for good?!

Any help appreciated, regards

CT 1 is also very good, I've used it when I couldn't drill some porcelain tiles to fit a shower enclosure, very impressed

I'd also vote for using CT1 comes in all colours and Is very sticky
I get it from my local merchants

pink grip

Even on not very porous surfaces? I would of thought a product that creates suction like silicone would work better?

Some tiles come off a wall with no effort at all. You could use best grip/silicone you can get but will your tiles stay on the wall!?

Use the right adhesives/method the tiles are more likely to stay on. Much the same with the bath adhesive/method.

build a timber frame as normal to stop any movement and a anti mold sillicone would do the job.

a bath built on a frame will still be there long after the adhesive has failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grab adhesive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly...
Replies
Views
Hi, does anyone have any advice on fitting a natural stone resin bath and shower trays over wet UFH. I have been advised that the bath could be...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Moved in to a new house a few months ago. The previous owner had installed an accessible wetroom with nonslip flooring, handrails, etc...
Replies
Views
I'll start this by saying I'm hoping to sort this by diy / minimal professional help as I'm a very tight budget! I've got a walk-in shower in a...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently bought a house and the shower is leaking. I'm guessing it just needs the washers replaced. However, when I started to have a look I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock