Search the forum,

Discuss Grab adhesive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi,

Planning to help a mate with a bath install I will be bonding the edge of the bath onto tiles as it was an old wet room, can anyone recommend an adhesive that will keep the bath stuck for good?!

Any help appreciated, regards

CT 1 is also very good, I've used it when I couldn't drill some porcelain tiles to fit a shower enclosure, very impressed

I'd also vote for using CT1 comes in all colours and Is very sticky
I get it from my local merchants

pink grip

Even on not very porous surfaces? I would of thought a product that creates suction like silicone would work better?

Some tiles come off a wall with no effort at all. You could use best grip/silicone you can get but will your tiles stay on the wall!?

Use the right adhesives/method the tiles are more likely to stay on. Much the same with the bath adhesive/method.

build a timber frame as normal to stop any movement and a anti mold sillicone would do the job.

a bath built on a frame will still be there long after the adhesive has failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grab adhesive in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly using perimeter battens for support, I am attempting to install a fancy whirlpool/jacuzzi bath for my son. Plumbing and electrics are sorted but my...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
Hi, does anyone have any advice on fitting a natural stone resin bath and shower trays over wet UFH. I have been advised that the bath could be in danger or cracking if the UFH runs above 35 degrees but this is probably not going to be the temperature needed to keep the house warm as it is the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
M
Hi all Moved in to a new house a few months ago. The previous owner had installed an accessible wetroom with nonslip flooring, handrails, etc. We've been using it but have started to notice that some of the floor tiles make a squelching sound when you tread on them and a little water emerges...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock