Search the forum,

Discuss UFH and natural stone resin in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, does anyone have any advice on fitting a natural stone resin bath and shower trays over wet UFH. I have been advised that the bath could be in danger or cracking if the UFH runs above 35 degrees but this is probably not going to be the temperature needed to keep the house warm as it is the only heating source. We will be having tiles on the floor. Any advice would really help out, thanks.

Surely a bath or shower tray would need to be capable of withstanding temperatures higher than 35 degrees!
We do a lot of UFH with many different floor types, as a rule the floor temperature we look to achieve is around 27 degrees. I've never heard of it causing damage to bathroom fittings. If planned correctly you wouldn't run under the bath/shower though.

Surely a bath or shower tray would need to be capable of withstanding temperatures higher than 35 degrees!

We do a lot of UFH with many different floor types, as a rule the floor temperature we look to achieve is around 27 degrees. I've never heard of it causing damage to bathroom fittings. If planned correctly you wouldn't run under the bath/shower though.

I'm confused. Is the UFH already down in an area you want to turn into a bathroom?
It is a new build with UFH which has already been put throughout the first floor. I thought it was ridiculous that natural stone resin can't be put on top of UFH but I have now seen this on various websites, including clearwater baths.

It's not advisable to run heating loops under fixtures and fittings probably won't do any damage on a wet system, but can cause hot spots on electric ufh and burn out , supply temperatures usually 40°c ish floor surface temperatures shouldn't be above 27 ° c with a room temperature of 20 -21°c. Kop

It's not advisable to run heating loops under fixtures and fittings probably won't do any damage on a wet system, but can cause hot spots on electric ufh and burn out , supply temperatures usually 40°c ish floor surface temperatures shouldn't be above 27 ° c with a room temperature of 20 -21°c. Kop
Thanks for the information, that makes more sense

Reply to UFH and natural stone resin in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock